Please follow instructions before installing corner guards.
1. Allow corner guards to adjust to room temperature.
2. Make sure that the wall surface is dry, clean, and free of any solvent, dust, dirt, or grease.
3. Remove clear protective film on the exposed side of the corner guard.
Installing Instructions for Corner Guards with Holes and Screws or Nails
For Widths 1 1/8" and up
1. Hold the corner guard firmly in the desired place.
2. Attach the corner guard by using the self tapping screws provided in the counter sunk drilled holes.
For 3/4" Widths
1. Hold firmly in the desired location
2. Hammer the nail through the corner guard and into the wall.
Installing Instructions for Corner Guards with Self Stick Adhesive
1. Peel the plastic liner, exposing the adhesive.
2. Apply the bottom of the guard to the wall, just above the cove molding.
3. Apply pressure to the corner guard, starting from the bottom and working toward the top. Make sure all surfaces of the tape have been adequately pressed against the wall.
Note: Self-adhesive corner guards are easy to install but will break down in high traffic areas more quickly than a guard that is fastened with holes and screws.
Due to the tough nature of polycarbonate corner guards, wallProtex does not recommend attempting to cut it. A power saw can kick back and injure the operator. For custom lengths call before placing an order and wallProtex can cut the parts in the manufacturing process.
If you absolutely need to cut parts, use a hacksaw and be careful.